Discover what’s possible when innovation brings connection.
Richard Schreiber is the father of a 16-year-old autistic girl, Katarina, and the Founder of the NYC Autism Community Group in Manhattan, which was created to help parents with children on the spectrum navigate their day-to-day challenges. With a background in tech, Richard’s passion is to bring innovation and career opportunities to autistic individuals so they can better themselves and live the lives they deserve.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Richard receiving his daughter’s diagnosis
- Services she received growing up, including ABA and medical intervention
- A memorable moment when Katarina proved others around her wrong
- How Richard and his wife are preparing their daughter for adulthood
- What he’s learned about himself from being a father
- How society can move towards more acceptance and inclusion
- Support and resources offered at the NYC Autism Community Group
- The NYC Autism Tech, Careers & Innovation Expo, which, due to unforeseen circumstances, has been postponed until September this year
To learn more about Richard and his work, please visit nycautismcommunity.org.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
115. Summer Travel and Holidays, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when you’re ready to have fun. This week’s episode is
114. How to Prevent Bullying in the Workplace, with Jim HoganDiscover what’s possible when you transform others with kindness. An Autistic c
113. The SJ Childs Show and a Virtual Summit, with Sara BradfordDiscover what's possible when you're on the inside looking out. Sara Bradford i
112. RTD | Inclusion & Acceptance, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when you choose acceptance. This week’s episode is a r