Discover what’s possible when relationships are strengthened by listening.
Vanessa Lista's autistic older brother, Billy, has been her inspiration her whole life. Currently studying kinesiology and psychology in college, Vanessa’s goal is to become a pediatric physical therapist.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- How Vanessa’s relationship with her brother has evolved over the years
- Why she admires Billy
- How she’s been advocating for him from a young age
- Her experiences as a behavior therapist
- What physical therapy is and example goals that can be targeted
- Advice to other siblings of autistic individuals
Are you a sibling wanting to connect with others going through similar experiences? You can find a supportive network of family members, professionals, and self-advocates in our Global Autism Community. Whatever your role is related to autism, you can participate in these important conversations on our platform.
Sign up today at community.globalautismproject.org. Let’s work together to transform how the world relates to autism.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
70. Transitioning into Adulthood, with Robert SchmusDiscover what’s possible when a mentor guides by example. Robert Schmus is an
69. Animation for All Abilities, with Dani BowmanDiscover what’s possible when inclusion is animated. Dani Bowman is an autism
68. Self-Care for Parents, with Maggie NunezDiscover what’s possible when taking care of yourself lets you take care of othe
67. A Path to a Quality Autistic Life, with Becca Lory HectorDiscover what’s possible when you live a life you don’t need a vacation from.