Discover what’s possible when skills are transferred off the court.
Lisa Pugliese-LaCroix is a Speech-Language Pathologist, a former collegiate tennis player, and the Founder and CEO of Love Serving Autism, a non-profit organization that provides specialized therapeutic tennis instruction for individuals with autism. Love Serving Autism’s mission is to expand life skills, increase community inclusion, and promote independence for individuals on the spectrum.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- How Lisa fuses tennis and speech therapy
- Benefits of playing tennis for autistic individuals
- Strategies and accommodations to help her students succeed
- What she’s learned about the autistic population from teaching tennis
- Adapting services online due to the pandemic
- Advice for parents interested in tennis for their autistic children
For more information about Lisa and her work, please visit loveservingautism.org.
If, like Lisa, you’re a professional working in the field of autism education, or a self-advocate wanting to share your life experiences, our SkillCorps® volunteer program is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
Work alongside our Global Autism Partners to help ensure that all autistic individuals around the world have access to quality education and services.
To learn more about our SkillCorps® program, check out episodes 4, 17, 53, and 66, featuring SkillCorps® volunteers that have been to our partner sites in India, The Netherlands, Indonesia, Dominican Republic, and Kenya, to name a few. Listen to them talk about their transformative experiences and see what SkillCorps® can offer you!
Begin your journey today at globalautismproject.org/skillcorps. As a listener of our show, take advantage of the coupon code AUTISMPODCAST (no space and all caps) to waive the application fee.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
106. Tips for Autistic Drivers, with Andrew ArboeDiscover what’s possible when you’re the one behind the wheel. Andrew Arboe is
105. Celebrating Two Years, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when community becomes family. This week we are celebr
104. Honoring the Memory of David Sharif, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when you’re defined by your determination, dedication,
103. Theater Acting, Playwriting, and Queer Identity, with Grace EverettDiscover what’s possible when you act yourself. Our guest today is Grace Everet