Discover what’s possible when collaboration journeys onward.
Today we’re featuring two members of our SkillCorps® Alumni community: Natalie Odio and Christina Flores.
Natalie is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, or BCBA, and Christina is a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst, or BCaBa. Both from Miami, Natalie and Christina host their own podcast called, MOnday Morning Coffee, where they aim to ease Monday mornings by discussing topics related to emotional support for other professionals in the field.
The Global Autism Project provides sustainable clinical, administrative, and leadership training to autism centers seeking guidance. SkillCorps® is an opportunity for self-advocates and professionals to travel to our partner sites around the world and work directly with their local teachers and therapists.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Why Natalie and Christina are passionate about working with the autistic population
- The reasons for starting their podcast
- Personal and professional growth from doing SkillCorps®
- Cultural humility
- Fundraising for volunteer trips
- Lessons applied to coping with the pandemic
- Tips for future SkillCorps® travelers
SkillCorps® is more than a two-week trip — it’s a movement for change. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, we’ve had to temporarily pause travel to our international partner sites. The exciting news is that our team is finally reassembling to explore what SkillCorps® will look like in the future.
If you’re a professional working in the field of autism education, and you’re looking to advance your life and career, SkillCorps® is an opportunity you don’t want to miss.
Join our waiting list at globalautismproject.org/skillcorps to be the first to know when applications open again and stay tuned for announcements coming up soon.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our Facebook group: Autism Knows No Borders
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
59. Financial Planning Across the Spectrum, with Andrew KomarowDiscover what’s possible when financial freedom is in your pocket. Andrew Komar
58. Celebrating One Year, with Our Podcast CommunityDiscover what’s possible when the audience takes the mic. This week, we are cel
57. A Collectivist Approach to Services, with Mari CerdaDiscover what’s possible when values inform the method. Mari Cerda is an Autist
56. Do With Not For, with Our CEO Molly Ola PinneyDiscover what’s possible when instead of teaching someone to fish, you ask them