Discover what’s possible when collaboration journeys onward.
Today we’re featuring two members of our SkillCorps® Alumni community: Natalie Odio and Christina Flores.
Natalie is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, or BCBA, and Christina is a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst, or BCaBa. Both from Miami, Natalie and Christina host their own podcast called, MOnday Morning Coffee, where they aim to ease Monday mornings by discussing topics related to emotional support for other professionals in the field.
The Global Autism Project provides sustainable clinical, administrative, and leadership training to autism centers seeking guidance. SkillCorps® is an opportunity for self-advocates and professionals to travel to our partner sites around the world and work directly with their local teachers and therapists.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Why Natalie and Christina are passionate about working with the autistic population
- The reasons for starting their podcast
- Personal and professional growth from doing SkillCorps®
- Cultural humility
- Fundraising for volunteer trips
- Lessons applied to coping with the pandemic
- Tips for future SkillCorps® travelers
SkillCorps® is more than a two-week trip — it’s a movement for change. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, we’ve had to temporarily pause travel to our international partner sites. The exciting news is that our team is finally reassembling to explore what SkillCorps® will look like in the future.
If you’re a professional working in the field of autism education, and you’re looking to advance your life and career, SkillCorps® is an opportunity you don’t want to miss.
Join our waiting list at globalautismproject.org/skillcorps to be the first to know when applications open again and stay tuned for announcements coming up soon.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our Facebook group: Autism Knows No Borders
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
81. Autistic Traits vs. Criminal Law, with Tom OliverDiscover what’s possible when rehabilitation fits the crime. Tom Oliver is an
80. Autistic Empathy, with Terra Vance and Kate JonesDiscover what’s possible when communication breaks down both ways. Our guests
79. Navigating Social Situations, with Anthony Ianni, Sangeeta Jain, and Vanessa ListaDiscover what’s possible when everyone gets a chance. This week’s episode is a
78. Avatars for Autism, with Gary Jesch and Leslie BaldwinDiscover what’s possible when connection builds confidence. Our guests this we