Discover what’s possible when authenticity gets the part.
Dr. Kerry Magro is an autism self-advocate, international motivational speaker, best-selling author, entertainment consultant, and non-profit founder.
Kerry is the author of the Amazon Best-Seller Defining Autism From The Heart, Autism and Falling in Love, and I Will Light It Up Blue. He also contributed to College for Students with Disabilities: We Do Belong (featuring other prominent advocates such as Temple Grandin and Stephen M. Shore), presented a TEDx talk titled “What happens to children with autism when they become adults?”, and currently blogs for several organizations, including Autism Speaks and The Mighty.
As an entertainment consultant, Kerry has worked on the films Jane Wants a Boyfriend and Joyful Noise, starring Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton, as well as on the HBO series Mrs. Fletcher.
His non-profit organization, KFM Making a Difference, aims to break down barriers for people with special needs by granting college scholarships to adults with autism.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- How autism has impacted Kerry’s life
- How to prepare for transitioning to adulthood
- Autism representation in the media
- Common challenges people on the spectrum face when looking for a partner
For more information about Kerry and his work, please visit:
Kerry's website: kerrymagro.com
Kerry's FB page: Kerry’s Autism Journey
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our Facebook group: Autism Knows No Borders
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
65. Neurodiversity Training International, with Jude MorrowDiscover what’s possible when autism is not viewed as just a broken version of n
64. Sibling Support and Physical Therapy, with Vanessa ListaDiscover what’s possible when relationships are strengthened by listening. Van
63. Individualized Education Programs, with Brian Middleton, Colleen Dorsey, and Michael GilbergDiscover what’s possible when the student’s interests lead the team. This week
62. The Diverse Butterfly, with Cassidy HooperDiscover what’s possible when a butterfly spreads her wings. Cassidy Hooper is