Discover what’s possible when education is measured beyond grades.
Michael Gilberg is an autistic special education and disability rights attorney based in New York and Connecticut. Growing up with undiagnosed Asperger’s Syndrome, he offers his clients a level of insight and empathy that is unique to his personal experience.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Michael’s lack of educational services as a child
- What he’s learned about friendship
- Misconceptions about autism
- Feeling stuck between autistic and neurotypical
- The challenge of defining what “normal” means
- The right to an appropriate education
For more information about Michael Gilberg and his work, please visit michaelgilbergesq.com.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too. ----more----
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our Facebook group: Autism Knows No Borders
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
TBT | 18. Accessibility at the Forefront, with Haley Moss*THROWBACK EPISODE ALERT* This conversation with Haley Moss was originally relea
119. RTD | Controversial Topics, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when conversations move forward. This week’s episode i
118. Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence, with Paul MicallefDiscover what’s possible when self-awareness improves relationships. Paul Mical
TBT | 11. The Ability Beyond Disabilities, with Rachel Barcellona*THROWBACK EPISODE ALERT* This conversation with Rachel Barcellona was originall