This conversation with Cheryl Albright was originally released on September 24, 2020. We are re-releasing it today to acknowledge Cheryl’s commitment to our mission at the Global Autism Project.
Since discovering our podcast and applying to become a guest on the show, Cheryl has joined our online Global Autism Community, participated in Virtual Leadership Academy, traveled with us on a SkillCorps trip to Rwanda, and most recently, become a member of our new Affiliate program. Cheryl has also contributed to an exciting project that we’ve been working on: the Responsive Skills Training Curriculum (RST).
Thank you, Cheryl, for continuing to show up and play full out. We value your dedication and collaboration.
To learn more about RST and our new Affiliate program, please listen to episode 120 with our CEO Molly Ola Pinney.
Discover what’s possible when you balance your body and stretch your mind.
Cheryl Albright is an occupational therapist, certified yoga instructor, and autism sibling. She is the owner of Soul to Soul Yoga, a studio offering yoga therapy for adults and children of all abilities.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- What occupational therapy is
- How Cheryl became involved in the field
- Why she applies a trauma-informed approach when treating children with autism
- The benefits of practicing yoga and self-regulation techniques
For more information about Cheryl Albright and her work, please visit her websites:
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
153. A Strong Sibling Bond, with Anthony and Alexis SevieriDiscover what’s possible when bonds are rebuilt. Anthony Sevieri is autistic an
152. Cubbie: Personalised Sensory Regulation, with David McIntyreDiscover what’s possible when sensory needs are met. David McIntyre is the Foun
TBT | 39. Why the World Needs All Kinds of Minds, with Dr. Temple Grandin*THROWBACK EPISODE* This conversation with Dr. Temple Grandin was originally rel
151. SkillCorps Journey, with Team IndiaDiscover what’s possible when you take the leap. We’re continuing to highlight