*THROWBACK EPISODE ALERT*
This conversation with Haley Moss was originally released on Jul 16, 2020. We are re-releasing it today to celebrate some of Haley’s recent accomplishments.
Haley published two more books last year! Great Minds Think Differently lays the groundwork for a more inclusive and understanding legal culture and profession. It explains neurodiversity from Haley's own perspective and elucidates the value and advantages neurodiverse colleagues can bring to practice.
Her fourth book, The Young Autistic Adult's Independence Handbook, offers neurodivergent-friendly advice from autistic people themselves (and a few neurotypicals, too) for young adults embarking on their own journeys of self-discovery and independence.
Discover what’s possible when difference becomes an asset.
Haley Moss is an attorney, author, artist, speaker, and autism self-advocate. At only 25 years old, she has already published two books. The first is titled Middle School: The Stuff Nobody Tells you About, and the second is A Freshman Survival Guide for College Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders: The Stuff Nobody Tells you About.
Her writing and artwork have been featured throughout media outlets such as The Huffington Post, Teen Vogue, and CNN, to name a few. Haley also hosts a podcast called Spectrumly Speaking, with Dr. Lori Butts.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- How Haley navigated social norms during her school days
- What a sensory overload experience feels like for her
- How her strengths as an autistic person have advanced her career
- The history of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Why employers need to strive for inclusion and accessibility in the workplace
- Benevolent ableism
- The effects of social media on the neurodiversity movement
- Whether autism is a disorder or a difference
- The dangers of eugenics
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
125. Thanksgiving Special, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when you count your blessings. This episode is being r
124. RTD | Health & Wellness, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when health extends beyond the body. This week’s episo
123. Art, Synesthesia, and Software Engineering, with Austin LubetkinDiscover what’s possible when art is in the eye of the beholder… and a few other
122. RTD | Self-Development & Accountability, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when you step into who you can be. This week’s episode