Discover what’s possible when kindness starts with one.
Our guests today are mother and son, Sandy and Ben Hartranft. An Autistic Self-Advocate and public speaker, Ben visits schools, businesses, and organizations with the message of spreading kindness and inclusion. Sandy's book Swinging From The Chandelier: Finding Joy In The Journey Through Autism was published in 2022.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Ben learning about his autism
- How the right speech therapist opened up doors for communication
- Ben’s special interests
- His experience being a guest on The Ellen Show and participating in The Price is Right
- Challenges autistic people face when looking for a job
- What employers can do to accommodate autistic employees
- Ben’s company Benergy and his takeaway messages for students
- What Ben wishes people understood about him
- His dating experiences
- Why Sandy’s blog is titled “Ben’s kite string”
- What Sandy wishes she’d learnt sooner about motherhood
To learn more about Ben and Sandy Hartranft, please visit benergy1.com.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
141. RTD | From Awareness to Acceptance, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when action is the path to acceptance. This week’s epi
140. Celebrating Three Years, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when you remember your why. This week we are celebrati
139. Responsive Skills Training: An Autistic-Informed Curriculum, with Molly Ola Pinney and Ann BeirneDiscover what’s possible when you work kinder, not harder. Today we’re bringing