Discover what’s possible when progress starts at home.
Lenora Edwards is a Certified Speech Language Pathologist with over 10 years of experience treating children and adults. She is the Chief Knowledge Officer at Better Speech, a US-based, online service provider with 150 speech therapists working with individuals of all ages.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Benefits and considerations of delivering services online
- What a typical online session looks like
- The various populations Lenora works with
- The difference between a speech delay and a speech disorder
- Common speech difficulties among autistic people
- What Lenora enjoys about working with autistic people
- Common misconceptions about speech therapy
- How to encourage families to use Alternative Augmentative Communication with their autistic loved ones
- Advice for parents who want to improve their children’s language skills at home
To learn more about Lenora Edwards and her work, please visit: betterspeech.com
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
153. A Strong Sibling Bond, with Anthony and Alexis SevieriDiscover what’s possible when bonds are rebuilt. Anthony Sevieri is autistic an
152. Cubbie: Personalised Sensory Regulation, with David McIntyreDiscover what’s possible when sensory needs are met. David McIntyre is the Foun
TBT | 39. Why the World Needs All Kinds of Minds, with Dr. Temple Grandin*THROWBACK EPISODE* This conversation with Dr. Temple Grandin was originally rel
151. SkillCorps Journey, with Team IndiaDiscover what’s possible when you take the leap. We’re continuing to highlight