Discover what’s possible when you share the end goal.
Harald Neerland is the President of Autism Europe, an international association whose main objective is to advance the rights of autistic people and their families and help them improve their quality of life. Originally from Norway, Harald is also a father of a young autistic woman.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Harald’s daughter’s strengths, interests, and living situation
- How Harald assesses her quality of life
- The level of awareness and services available in Norway
- Inclusion vs integration
- Describing autism based on level of need rather than diagnostic criteria
- Autism Europe’s mission, policy work, and research initiatives
- Why researchers and practitioners need to work together
- Bringing mental and somatic health to the forefront of the political discussion
- Objectives Harald wants to complete before the end of his term
To learn more about Harald Neerland and his work, please visit autismeurope.org.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
137. Traveling Different, with Dawn BarclayDiscover what’s possible when travel is made accessible. Dawn Barclay has dedic
TBT | 75. Meaningful International Collaboration, with Our CEO Molly Ola Pinney and Pooja Panesar*THROWBACK EPISODE* This conversation with Molly and Pooja was originally releas
135. Social Thinking, with Michelle Garcia WinnerDiscover what’s possible when we relate through emotions. A globally recognized