This conversation with Katerina Cizkova was originally released on June 11, 2020. We are re-releasing it today to highlight some of Katerina's recent accomplishments.
Since this recording, Katerina co-founded a therapy center for children with neurodevelopmental disorders in her community. Two years later, she decided to work in a different sphere but she still collaborates with the therapists occasionally on a supervision level.
Discover what’s possible when someone fosters motivation by encouraging autonomy.
Today’s guest is Katerina Cizkova. Katerina is a psychologist and a Clinical Director at ABA Centrum, an autism center in Prague, Czech Republic.
The Global Autism Project partnered with ABA Centrum from 2016 to 2020 and sent nine SkillCorps® volunteer teams to provide sustainable hands-on training.
Katerina and I worked closely together last year as she was completing the supervision hours required by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, or BACB. She is doing amazing work at ABA Centrum, and I am so proud to know her as a partner, colleague, and friend.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- The types of services available for individuals with autism in the Czech Republic
- The potential harm of implementing interventions that are not evidence-based
- Some of the ethical considerations to review when designing programs
- How Katerina became involved in the field of ABA
- Why ABA is sometimes misunderstood by parents and professionals
- How she views the changes to the BACB’s international credentialing
- ABA Centrum's transition to online services and how they keep parents engaged from a distance
Here is a link to view the documentary Katerina mentions about autism in the Czech Republic: Children of the Full Moon.
For more information about Katerina Cizkova and ABA Centrum, please visit their website: ABA Centrum.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
153. A Strong Sibling Bond, with Anthony and Alexis SevieriDiscover what’s possible when bonds are rebuilt. Anthony Sevieri is autistic an
152. Cubbie: Personalised Sensory Regulation, with David McIntyreDiscover what’s possible when sensory needs are met. David McIntyre is the Foun
TBT | 39. Why the World Needs All Kinds of Minds, with Dr. Temple Grandin*THROWBACK EPISODE* This conversation with Dr. Temple Grandin was originally rel
151. SkillCorps Journey, with Team IndiaDiscover what’s possible when you take the leap. We’re continuing to highlight