Discover what’s possible when health extends beyond the body.
This week’s episode is a recording of one of our Global Autism Community exclusive events!
The topic of this roundtable discussion was Health and Wellness. It was hosted by community moderator Mary Johnston.
A 21-year-old Autistic Self-Advocate from New Hampshire, Mary hosts a blog called Autistic Rainbow 15 where she shares LGBTQ+ and disability-friendly tips, as well as information about inclusion and disability rights. A long-time member of our online Global Autism Community, Mary joined the moderator team last summer to help ensure our space remains safe and respectful.
Participating in this event was Autistic Self-Advocate Michelle Vinokurov, and community members D’John Greer and Liz Castillo.
In today’s conversation, they discuss:
- Mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual health
- How to reduce stress levels
- Maintaining routines
- Why sleep is important
- Accepting an autism diagnosis
- Changing habits for self-improvement
Round-table discussions like the one you’ll hear today are open exclusively for members of our online Global Autism Community. We select a different theme each month, and our moderators monitor posts daily to ensure that our online space remains safe and respectful. If you’d like to attend and participate in any of our future events, you can sign up today at community.globalautismproject.org.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
125. Thanksgiving Special, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when you count your blessings. This episode is being r
123. Art, Synesthesia, and Software Engineering, with Austin LubetkinDiscover what’s possible when art is in the eye of the beholder… and a few other
122. RTD | Self-Development & Accountability, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when you step into who you can be. This week’s episode