Discover what’s possible when conversations move forward.
This week’s episode is a recording of one of our Global Autism Community exclusive events.
The theme of this roundtable discussion was Controversial Topics. It was hosted live at The 1 in 44 Tour virtual summit, organized by Sara Bradford of The SJ Childs Show.
Participating in this event were Autistic Self-Advocates Stephanie De Kremer, Ryan Litchfield, Michael Gilberg, Jeff Snyder, and Robert Schmus, along with community members Karen Shapiro, Ben Sharif, and Danielle Terrell.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Person-first (vs.) identity-first language
- The puzzle piece symbol
- Applied Behavior Analysis, or ABA for short
Round-table discussions like the one you’ll hear today are open exclusively for members of our online Global Autism Community. We select a different theme each month, and our moderators monitor posts daily to ensure that our online space remains safe and respectful. If you’d like to attend and participate in any of our future events, you can sign up today at community.globalautismproject.org.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
153. A Strong Sibling Bond, with Anthony and Alexis SevieriDiscover what’s possible when bonds are rebuilt. Anthony Sevieri is autistic an
152. Cubbie: Personalised Sensory Regulation, with David McIntyreDiscover what’s possible when sensory needs are met. David McIntyre is the Foun
TBT | 39. Why the World Needs All Kinds of Minds, with Dr. Temple Grandin*THROWBACK EPISODE* This conversation with Dr. Temple Grandin was originally rel
151. SkillCorps Journey, with Team IndiaDiscover what’s possible when you take the leap. We’re continuing to highlight