Discover what’s possible when communication is made available.
An educator, designer, and social entrepreneur from Sydney, Australia, Chris McDonald is the Founder and CEO of PicSeePal, a light-tech communication tool for all ages, abilities, and settings.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- The level of autism acceptance and inclusion in Australia
- Why Chris is passionate about working with the autistic population
- PicSeePal’s mission and overall vision
- Communication as a human right
- Limitations of high-tech devices
- Some do’s and don’ts of using Augmentative Alternative Communication, or AAC
- Advice for parents and teachers who feel stuck when their students aren’t progressing
To learn more about Chris and his work, please visit picseepal.com.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
TBT | 18. Accessibility at the Forefront, with Haley Moss*THROWBACK EPISODE ALERT* This conversation with Haley Moss was originally relea
119. RTD | Controversial Topics, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when conversations move forward. This week’s episode i
118. Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence, with Paul MicallefDiscover what’s possible when self-awareness improves relationships. Paul Mical
TBT | 11. The Ability Beyond Disabilities, with Rachel Barcellona*THROWBACK EPISODE ALERT* This conversation with Rachel Barcellona was originall