Discover what’s possible when you’re ready to have fun.
This week’s episode is a recording of one of our Global Autism Community exclusive events!
The topic of this roundtable discussion was Summer Travel and Holidays. It was hosted by community moderator Corben Havener. Corben is an Autistic Self-Advocate from Indiana who joined our moderator team this last June.
Participating in this event were community members Danielle Terrell, Liz Castillo, and myself.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Dealing with hot weather and changing temperatures
- Amusement parks and roller coasters
- Accommodations such as sensory-processing break areas
- Tips for traveling by plane and car
- Challenges with fireworks during holidays
- Interruptions in routines
- Summer camps
Round-table discussions like the one you’ll hear today are open exclusively for members of our online Global Autism Community. We select a different theme each month, and our moderators monitor posts daily to ensure that our online space remains safe and respectful. If you’d like to attend and participate in any of our future events, you can sign up today at community.globalautismproject.org.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
TBT | 18. Accessibility at the Forefront, with Haley Moss*THROWBACK EPISODE ALERT* This conversation with Haley Moss was originally relea
119. RTD | Controversial Topics, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when conversations move forward. This week’s episode i
118. Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence, with Paul MicallefDiscover what’s possible when self-awareness improves relationships. Paul Mical
TBT | 11. The Ability Beyond Disabilities, with Rachel Barcellona*THROWBACK EPISODE ALERT* This conversation with Rachel Barcellona was originall