Discover what's possible when you're on the inside looking out.
Sara Bradford is an Autistic Self-Advocate, children’s book author, and the CEO of SJ Childs LLC, an autism-consulting business that supports families. She also hosts her own podcast, The SJ Childs Show. Her husband and their three children are also on the spectrum.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Sara’s recent discovery of her autism and how it affects her everyday life
- Masking and learning to unmask
- Having a deeper connection with her husband and children post diagnosis
- How autism might present differently for men and women
- Important considerations when teaching non-autistic children about autism
- Ideas to promote inclusion and acceptance
- What Sara’s learned about autism advocacy from doing her podcast
- The 1 in 44 Tour virtual summit
- Advice for other newly diagnosed autistic women
The 1 in 44 Tour is a virtual summit hosted by Sara Bradford and Maria Daniels. This event will be a great way to hear different perspectives on important topics from a variety of speakers. We’ll be hosting our next community roundtable discussion live at the summit on August 12th at 12:45 pm EST.
If you would like to participate in the community roundtable and go live with us at the summit, please join our online community at community.globalautismproject.org and RSVP to the event.
To learn more about Sara and her work, please visit sjchilds.org.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
TBT | 18. Accessibility at the Forefront, with Haley Moss*THROWBACK EPISODE ALERT* This conversation with Haley Moss was originally relea
119. RTD | Controversial Topics, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when conversations move forward. This week’s episode i
118. Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence, with Paul MicallefDiscover what’s possible when self-awareness improves relationships. Paul Mical
TBT | 11. The Ability Beyond Disabilities, with Rachel Barcellona*THROWBACK EPISODE ALERT* This conversation with Rachel Barcellona was originall