Discover what’s possible when love begins with acceptance.
This week’s episode is a recording of one of our Global Autism Community exclusive events!
The topic of this round table discussion was Dating and Relationships. Participating in this event were autism self-advocates Olivia Hops, Thomas Iland, Mary Johnston, Scott Edgar, and David Sharif, as well as community members Danielle Terrell, Ben Sharif, and Kia Burton.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Different ways to meet people
- How to navigate moving from a friendship to a relationship
- Creating a healthy relationship when one person is neurotypical and the other is neurodivergent
- Long-distance relationships
- Memorable dates
- Common challenges autistic people face when it comes to dating
- Dealing with breakups
Round-table discussions like the one you’ll hear today are open exclusively for members of our online Global Autism Community. We select a different theme each month, and our moderators monitor posts daily to ensure that our online space remains safe and respectful. If you’d like to attend and participate in any of our future events, you can sign up today at community.globalautismproject.org.
In preparation for our upcoming 100th episode, we will not be releasing any new content next week. Stay tuned for the release of this special episode on April 1st to kick off Autism Awareness and Acceptance Month. We'll be back on our regular release schedule after that. Take this time to catch up on any previous episodes you might have missed!
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
110. Support for Ukrainian Families, with Our CEO Molly Ola Pinney and Anna TuzovaDiscover what’s possible when you're given a hand to hold. Today we are joined
109. Stop the Shock, with Anne Beirne and Brian MiddletonDiscover what’s possible when learning doesn’t hurt. Ann Beirne is a Board Cert
108. Ready, Set, Sleep! with Emily VaronDiscover what’s possible when wellness starts at bedtime. Emily Varon is a Boar
107. Tech, Innovation, and Career Opportunities, with Richard SchreiberDiscover what’s possible when innovation brings connection. Richard Schreiber i