Discover what’s possible when winning comes second.
Scott Edgar is an autistic voice actor in Orlando, Florida, who has been recently featured in London’s Autism’s Got Talent. He has also participated in the Special Olympics, competing in basketball, bowling, and powerlifting.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- How Scott found out about his diagnosis
- How autism affects his life
- Transitioning into independent living
- Voice acting and where he gets his inspiration
- Differences of autism awareness between England and the US
- Participating in the Special Olympics
Are you also self-advocate willing to share your experiences and educate others? Or are you a professional seeking to hear directly from autistic voices and improve your practice? Are you a family member hoping to support and empower your loved one? Whatever your role related to autism is, you can join our Global Autism Community to connect and collaborate with people all over the world.
Sign up today at community.globalautismproject.org. Let’s work together to transform how the world relates to autism.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
110. Support for Ukrainian Families, with Our CEO Molly Ola Pinney and Anna TuzovaDiscover what’s possible when you're given a hand to hold. Today we are joined
109. Stop the Shock, with Anne Beirne and Brian MiddletonDiscover what’s possible when learning doesn’t hurt. Ann Beirne is a Board Cert
108. Ready, Set, Sleep! with Emily VaronDiscover what’s possible when wellness starts at bedtime. Emily Varon is a Boar
107. Tech, Innovation, and Career Opportunities, with Richard SchreiberDiscover what’s possible when innovation brings connection. Richard Schreiber i