Discover what’s possible when you’re true to yourself.
This week’s episode is a recording of one of our Global Autism Community exclusive events.
The topic of this round table discussion was Masking and Authenticity. Participating in this event were autism self-advocates Thomas Iland, Michael Gilberg, Terra Vance, Kate Jones, Jeff Snyder, and David Sharif, as well as community members Colleen Dorsey, Danielle Terrell, and Kia Burton.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- What masking means to different people and its potential dangers
- Situations in which people might feel the need to mask
- Autistic values
- Being authentic
To learn more about the participants in this discussion, please visit:
Thomas Iland - thomasiland.com
Michael Gilberg - michaelgilbergesq.com
Terra Vance - neuroclastic.com
Kate Jones - neuroclastic.com
Jeff Snyder - Going the Distance Blog
David Sharif - IG @david_thetraveler
Round-table discussions like the one you’ll hear today are open exclusively for members of our online Global Autism Community. We select a different theme each month, and our moderators monitor posts daily to ensure that our online space remains safe and respectful. If you’d like to attend and participate in any of our future events, you can sign up today at community.globalautismproject.org.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey
106. Tips for Autistic Drivers, with Andrew ArboeDiscover what’s possible when you’re the one behind the wheel. Andrew Arboe is
105. Celebrating Two Years, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when community becomes family. This week we are celebr
104. Honoring the Memory of David Sharif, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when you’re defined by your determination, dedication,
103. Theater Acting, Playwriting, and Queer Identity, with Grace EverettDiscover what’s possible when you act yourself. Our guest today is Grace Everet