Discover what’s possible when a mother learns her child’s language.
Nora Alharbi is a teacher and a mother to four children in Saudi Arabia. Her second child, Fares, is autistic. Fares receives services at Namaee Center, our partner site in Riyadh.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- The level of autism awareness in Saudi Arabia and what services are available for families there
- How Nora came to accept her son’s autism
- Fares’ autistic strengths and relationship with his siblings
- How his communication skills have developed since attending Namaee Center
- Advice for other parents who may be struggling with accepting their child’s diagnosis
Are you a parent wanting to connect with other parents who may be going through similar experiences? You can find support and resources in our Global Autism Community.
Just a reminder, our community is open to anyone related to autism. Whether you’re a self-advocate, a family member, or a professional in the field, you can participate in these important conversations on our platform.
Sign up today at community.globalautismproject.org. Let’s work together to transform how the world relates to autism.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
65. Neurodiversity Training International, with Jude MorrowDiscover what’s possible when autism is not viewed as just a broken version of n
64. Sibling Support and Physical Therapy, with Vanessa ListaDiscover what’s possible when relationships are strengthened by listening. Van
63. Individualized Education Programs, with Brian Middleton, Colleen Dorsey, and Michael GilbergDiscover what’s possible when the student’s interests lead the team. This week
62. The Diverse Butterfly, with Cassidy HooperDiscover what’s possible when a butterfly spreads her wings. Cassidy Hooper is