Discover what’s possible when instead of teaching someone to fish, you ask them what they like to eat.
The CEO and Founder of the Global Autism Project, Molly Ola Pinney, is back on the show to talk about the motto that drives our work: #DoWithNotFor.
For almost 20 years, the Global Autism Project has been providing sustainable clinical, administrative, and leadership training to autism centers seeking guidance around the world. Our SkillCorps volunteer program is an opportunity for self-advocates and professionals to travel to our international partner sites and collaborate with their local teachers and therapists.
If you’d like to learn more about the Global Autism Project’s history and mission, please listen to my conversation with Molly in episode 2.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- The meaning of doing with others and not for them
- The "Essential, Preferable, Preferable to Me" framework
- Doing with the Autistic community
- The importance of listening
We also make two big announcements that we think will have a huge impact on the autism community. Stay tuned until the end to hear them!
To learn more about our organization and the work we do, please visit globalautismproject.org.
Applications for SkillCorps® 2022 are open now! If you’re a self-advocate or a professional in the field of autism services, visit globalautismproject.org/skillcorps and reserve your spot today.
Doors to our Global Autism Community platform are also open! However you’re connected to autism, there’s a place for you at community.globalautismproject.org. Join a group of passionate changemakers and transform how the world relates to autism.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our community on Mighty Networks: Global Autism Community
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
59. Financial Planning Across the Spectrum, with Andrew KomarowDiscover what’s possible when financial freedom is in your pocket. Andrew Komar
58. Celebrating One Year, with Our Podcast CommunityDiscover what’s possible when the audience takes the mic. This week, we are cel
57. A Collectivist Approach to Services, with Mari CerdaDiscover what’s possible when values inform the method. Mari Cerda is an Autist