Discover what’s possible when you come to life.
Thomas Iland is an autism self-advocate, Toastmasters International Accredited Speaker, Certified Human Potential Coach, Professional Diversity & Inclusion Consultant, and TEDx speaker. He’s also the author of Come to Life, a book that aims to help youth engage in an active process of self-discovery. Tom has been honored as one of Junior Chamber International’s ‘Ten Outstanding Young Americans,’ and he currently provides coaching for families on the autism spectrum to help them reach their full potential.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Tom’s journey of becoming a public speaker
- Strategies for delivering a good speech
- How autism influences his public speaking
- The importance of parents accepting their child’s diagnosis
- How Tom learned to empathize with others
- The meaning behind his motto, “Know yourself, love yourself, be yourself.”
Tom also offers advice for other self-advocates who may want to pursue a career in public speaking.
To learn more about Thomas Iland and his work, please visit cometolifecoaching.com
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our Facebook group: Autism Knows No Borders
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
106. Tips for Autistic Drivers, with Andrew ArboeDiscover what’s possible when you’re the one behind the wheel. Andrew Arboe is
105. Celebrating Two Years, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when community becomes family. This week we are celebr
104. Honoring the Memory of David Sharif, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when you’re defined by your determination, dedication,
103. Theater Acting, Playwriting, and Queer Identity, with Grace EverettDiscover what’s possible when you act yourself. Our guest today is Grace Everet