Discover what’s possible when a mother’s love transcends her own home.
Our guest today is Mrs. Jie Bing Zhang. As a mother of a 21-year-old autistic young man, Mrs. Zhang is the founder of Huicong Children Rehabilitation Center in Nanchang, China. She is also one of our Global Autism Project partners.
The Global Autism Project partnered with Huicong in 2017, and we have since sent 3 SkillCorps volunteer teams to provide hands-on sustainable training to their teachers and staff.
For this interview, our podcast intern, Linda Zheng, interpreted from Chinese to English for us. Thank you, Linda, for your effort to ensure Mrs. Zhang’s message is understood.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- The level of autism awareness in China
- What it was like for Mrs. Zhang to receive her son’s diagnosis
- Why she started her own autism center
- The types of services they offer
- The partnership between Global Autism Project and Huicong
To learn more about Mrs. Zhang and her work, please visit our show notes at autismknowsnoborders.com.
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our Facebook group: Autism Knows No Borders
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
70. Transitioning into Adulthood, with Robert SchmusDiscover what’s possible when a mentor guides by example. Robert Schmus is an
69. Animation for All Abilities, with Dani BowmanDiscover what’s possible when inclusion is animated. Dani Bowman is an autism
68. Self-Care for Parents, with Maggie NunezDiscover what’s possible when taking care of yourself lets you take care of othe
67. A Path to a Quality Autistic Life, with Becca Lory HectorDiscover what’s possible when you live a life you don’t need a vacation from.