Discover what’s possible when a child can fly free.
Bobby Rubio is the writer and director of the Pixar SparkShort Float, which is a short animated film inspired by his relationship with his autistic son, Alex. Float is available for streaming on Disney+. For a limited time, you can also watch Float on Pixar's YouTube channel.
Currently a Story Artist at Pixar, Bobby is known for his work on Hercules, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and Incredibles 2, which earned him an Annie Awards nomination for Outstanding Achievement for Storyboarding in an Animated Feature Production. Bobby is also the creator and owner of his independent comics and intellectual properties: Alcatraz High, 4 Gun Conclusion, and Neighborhood Legend.
In today’s conversation, we discuss:
- Bobby’s journey of accepting his son’s autism
- The creative process of producing Float
- The stigma of mental health within the Filipino community
- Tips for parents whose children have received an autism diagnosis
----more----We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too.
Follow us on Instagram: @autismpodcast
Join our Facebook group: Autism Knows No Borders
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Global Autism Project
----more----We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
106. Tips for Autistic Drivers, with Andrew ArboeDiscover what’s possible when you’re the one behind the wheel. Andrew Arboe is
105. Celebrating Two Years, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when community becomes family. This week we are celebr
104. Honoring the Memory of David Sharif, with the Global Autism CommunityDiscover what’s possible when you’re defined by your determination, dedication,
103. Theater Acting, Playwriting, and Queer Identity, with Grace EverettDiscover what’s possible when you act yourself. Our guest today is Grace Everet